Float is looking for a sharp, creative and ambitious content marketer to build and scale our content marketing efforts. This role reports to our Head of Marketing and will be responsible for content creation and content program management to grow our audience, build trust and credibility, and increase organic traffic to Float’s website.
As the Content Marketing Manager at Float you will:
- Create copy for our website, emails, sales collateral, video scripts and more that reflects Float’s brand voice - clear, clever and enjoyable to consume
- Manage and scale a high impact publishing schedule across our blog and additional content properties from draft through to final publication
- Manage relationships with freelance writers and videographers to scale our SEO content efforts
- Work with internal experts to collaborate on new topic ideas and publish thought leadership content
- Collaborate with our Growth Marketing Manager to promote our content and grow our target audience
- Measure the impact of our content initiatives including its influence on audience growth, customer acquisition and conversions
What your week-to-week looks like:
- Write engaging copy for marketing assets (email, blog, sales collateral, website)
- Review content calendar and assign stories to external content creators
- Edit content produced by external content creators
- Meet with Growth Marketing Manager and social media team to plan content promotion
- Review weekly content KPIs
You’ll be great in this role if:
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills. You write copy that people love to read. You can edit content and give relevant feedback to other creators that takes deliverables from okay to amazing. You can spot a typo a mile away. Bonus if you have a background in journalism or business finance.
- You’re curious and creative. You want to know your audience deeply and will use those insights to develop story ideas that educate and entertain them.
- You’re up to speed on new content trends and formats. You have experience creating content for today’s consumption habits and know how to stand out from the crowd. You know your snappy headlines from your skimmable subheads and click-worthy video snippets.
- You are an organizational wizard. You can comfortably manage a high volume publishing calendar, and have a system for editorial planning, content assignments, reviews and publication deadlines.
- You’re eager to continue your own learning. You have some experience under your belt but you are hungry to develop your skills further whether it’s in new content formats or content strategy.
This role won’t be a fit if:
- You aren’t comfortable with asynchronous work
- You aren’t obsessed with your craft
- You aren’t super passionate about building the best fintech content program in Canada
- You don’t love receiving feedback on your work
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role, and you strongly align with our values but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this, or other future positions.Benefits
- Competitive compensation & total rewards
- A personal Float card with a monthly stipend to spend on what matters most to you
- Flexible work hours and time off when you need to recharge`
- Flex, in-office and remote options available, depending on your preference
- Small team = lots of autonomy to make impactful decisions
- A dog-friendly office
- Being able to say you helped build Canada's best corporate card and spend management platform