This might just be the best Engineering opportunity in Canada (even if we do say so ourselves). Float is looking for exceptional Senior Full Stack Engineers to build simple, elegant, and highly intuitive products for our SMB customers. Engineers hired will play a critical role in building products used every day for Float's growing customer base.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building and enabling credit products for our customers that are dependent on their financial profile, real-time account balances, monthly spending, and working capital needs. You’ll have the opportunity to enable the growth of a diverse cross-section of Canadian businesses through your work. You will work with small cross-functional teams (squads of 5-8 people in product, engineering, design and ops) and will have extreme ownership over your product vertical. Squads will have everything they need to move quickly, be innovative, decisive and quickly ship high-quality products and features.
What your week-to-week looks like:
- Build and evolve a highly intuitive product that is used by Finance teams and employees.
- Develop smart graphs in data visualizations for users to evaluate their spend.
- Create transaction filter views by any characteristic rocket department, new user, category, card, etc.
- Develop a new code approval workflow for users - Imagine drag and drop expense approvals!
- Create smarter ways for users to leverage our integration with slack and accounting software.
You’ll be great in this role if:
- You have exceptional ability. This comes first, we’re looking for engineers with exceptional ability. Regardless if you have any of the other points listed below.
- You’ve got the experience. To be successful in this role, we’re looking for 5+ years of Full Stack development experience in a B2B SaaS environment.
- You’ve got experience with our techstack.Python/Django, Typescript/React, Go, AWS.
- You’re motivated by being a leader. You have a track record of shipping high-quality products and features at scale. You take ownership over your work and master your craft as an IC.
- You’re eager to continue your own learning. Scrappy and voracious, you want to know the ‘why’ behind every answer.
- You believe the customer comes first. You’ll advocate endlessly for our customers, and have a natural curiosity to understand their needs.
If you don’t meet every requirement, but have relevant experience, a maddening desire to learn, and a lot of heart, please apply - we’d love to hear from you! Haven’t worked with Python, Typescript or Go before? That’s alright, we’re happy to help you learn!
This role won’t be a fit if:
- You don’t like change and adapting to new ways of doing things.
- You want a very organized and predictable day to day.
- You aren’t comfortable with ambiguity.
- You want detailed to-dos for your tasks and projects.
Benefits and perks of working at Float:
- Competitive compensation & total rewards
- Flexible work hours and time off when you need to recharge
- Hybrid (in-office and remote options available, depending on your preference)
- Small team = lots of autonomy to make impactful decisions
- A personal Float card with a monthly stipend to spend on what matters most to you
- A dog-friendly office
- Being able to say you helped build Canada's best corporate card and spend management platform