About the Role
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process. You will be using your skills in UX design, product design, interaction design, visual design and prototyping to create product experiences that deliver measurable value.
Our dream candidate has a passion for understanding our users, and is an enthusiastic team player who enjoys working closely with other designers, engineers, data analysts, and product managers to build the best banking experience for Canadians. We're searching for someone with great talent, super attitude and a passion for helping people through smarter designs.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Product Managers to develop and refine product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it works, looks’ but ‘why it should be built’)
- Prepare wireframes, user flows, process flows, sitemaps and other artifacts to effectively communicate interactions and design ideas
- Work within an iterative design process: rapid prototyping, initiating user experience research, incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses in an agile environment
- Work as a part of an end-to-end product development team: collaborating with and providing design direction to engineers, understanding technical requirements of what it takes to implement your designs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence all aspects of the product from copywriting to lifecycle marketing
Who You Are
- Experienced mobile UI/UX practitioner with 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communicator — able to present designs to different audiences and clearly explain the rationale behind each design decision
- Proficient in user-centric design principles and processes including mobile design standards and best practices
- Good eye for UI/UX design and mastery of the methodology behind creating amazing user workflows
- An excellent collaborator who loves to work with others to understand and solve our user’s problems
- Self-directed, thriving on ambiguity, using your creativity and scrappiness to figure things out
- A creative problem solver who is highly resourceful in getting things done
- Proficient in the latest design software (Figma, Adobe CC, etc)
- Prepared with a strong portfolio demonstrating your design abilities and relevant product-building experiences
- Well-versed in consumer social/financial/B2C product design
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up
• Remote First - Permanently remote and $1,000 to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.