| About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Vendor Management, the incumbent supports the Vendor Management (VM) processes and procedures both internally and externally. The Vendor Portfolio Manager (VPM) will oversee vendors, supporting key mission critical Payment Product services at Payments Canada.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of the terms and conditions within the Vendor contract(s) of their assigned portfolio, and when required, provide support to the Business Owner in gaining valuable understanding of the contract and its contents.
- Coordination, facilitation, and ownership of vendor governance forums
- Supporting the standardization of VM processes and procedures for all critical vendors within the assigned portfolio
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the vendor relationship and address concerns/issues (internally and externally) that may arise throughout the Vendor Management Lifecycle.
|What you’ll be responsible for
- Act as the subject matter expert in vendor portfolio management and is responsible for managing a portfolio of Tier one (1) Vendors while ensuring the VM processes and procedures are adhered to within the vendor portfolio.
- Work as the key contact and conduit within the organization for business owners and the vendor.
- Lead the management of the assigned vendor portfolio in support and collaboration with the Vendor Management stakeholder team assigned to the portfolio.
- Participate in business and vendor relationships and provide Vendor Management support to Payments Canada.
- Ensure business and vendor needs are identified, analyzed, and addressed in a timely manner to the satisfaction of the Manager, Vendor Management and the corresponding relationship(s).
|What we’re looking for
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or a related discipline;
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in Vendor Management, or Contract & Relationship Management;
- Experience building and maintaining strong business relationships with vendors, business owners, and stakeholders at various levels of management, including the director level;
- Proven experience in following and contributing to a vendor management program with a defined process supporting a full vendor lifecycle;
- Proven experience in leading and/or participating in contract negotiations and vendor onboarding as well as; resolving escalated vendor performance issues;
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain
|What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Prime downtown locations (Ottawa & Toronto) close to transit and shopping
- Gym and shower facilities
- Bike lockers
| About us
We are a unique organization at the centre of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous. We are successful as individuals, as teams, as an organization and for our members and stakeholders if we strike to balance these values in all that we do.
Payments Canada is committed to having a diverse, representative workforce and continuing to build an inclusive environment. We encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. All employment decisions are made based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Salary: $103,276.00- $137,701.00